I pledge to spend more time with my family members especially my parents.
I've been really busy in school with cca events and projects that i keep going home late. I don't know when was the last time i really came home for dinner with my parents. Every time when i told them i'll be back late because of extra work in school, they'll reprimand me.
My mum will always say, "You are always not coming home for dinner, then what for i cook?"
I felt really bad 'cos she put in the effort to cook but there was i having fun in sch with my friends during cca and not coming home for dinner.
Because in the family, there's like only the 4 of us plus my pet dog. My elder brother went overseas to study. And because it's just the 4 of us, she'll have difficulty cooking as she's used to cooking more. So everytime when there's meeting or practices for school events, i'll stay out late till 11 in the night. Even on weekends, i don't really spend time with them because during weekends, i'll be out with my friends. Even if i don't they'll be either working or be having their own plans. So yea, our schedules are always clashing.
My mum was always the one busy with work. She works at the airport and her kind of work is called the "shift work". Meaning like, in a week, you have 3 consecutive days working in the wee hours and then break and then another 4 or 5 days working from evening to midnight, that kinda thing. So we seldom see each other. My dad always complains because she always have no time for him and the family. However, she've recently quitted her job because of my dad who suffered mild depression. I will not reveal how he got it and why. But he's 100% recovered already. (:
So how am i gonna solve this?
1. I'll not go back to CCA too often and concentrate on my work.
2. I'll book the weekends just for my family.
3. I'll find a time to really go out and have fun with my family.
4. I'll have to show more concern to my parents since they're catching up on age.
5. I'll come home straight after school and not loiter outside with friends.
I'll promise! (:
NATIONAL FAMILY CELEBRATIONS 2010 (NFC 2010)
Organised by the National Family Council, National Family Celebrations is an annual event which celebrates and reinforces the importance of families and family life. This year, Singaporeans are encouraged to make a personal commitment to their families by being a part of the Singapore Family Pledge Movement.
To provide opportunities for Singaporeans to follow through on the pledges to their families, there are a myriad of activities under the NFC 2010 calendar – which will interest the young, the old, and everyone in between! NFC 2010 will be held from 25 May to 26 June 2010, and this year marks the 25th Anniversary of the Celebrations. For more information on NFC 2010, visit
So yea, i really hope i can win tickets to go out with my family! It's been a long time~
Bye! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment